Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is courtesy of McCormick's website. It's a great side dish for any grilled meat. It could also be combined with strips of any fish or meat to make a complete meal. It's not overly hot or spicy, the flavors meld together nicely. I use English/seedless cucumbers so I don't have to seed them. I also make it ahead, over and put in refridgerator at least 30 minutes ahead so the flavors can combine. A mandoline makes slicing the vegetables happen in seconds.
- 1 tablespoon wasabi paste
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bok choy, sliced thin
- 1 cup napa cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 small cucumber, unpeeled, quartered lengthwise, seeded and thinly slice
- In a medium bowl combine wasabi, vinegar, brown sugar, oil, ginger and salt.
- In a large bowl toss together bok choy, Napa cabbage, bell pepper and cucumber.
- Add dressing; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.