Recipe by Dancer^
Use the spicy wasabi dried peas for the best flavour. I have served this as a main course with Japanese sushi rice.
Top Review by Ms B.
I expected a bit more zing from the wasabi coating on these chicken fingers, but they were still good. In the future, I would add a bit of wasabi powder to the pulverized peas. This was a quick and easy meal for a busy night. Thanks for posting.
- 1 cup wasabi peas
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grind peas into a powder in food processor or mini-chop.
- Brush breasts with a little oil.
- Cut each breast into 5 diagonal fingers.
- Roll each finger in the wasabi mixture to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and fry until coloured on each side, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place pan in oven for 5 to 8 minutes, depending on thickness of breasts, or until no longer pink.
- Serve either hot or cold with dip.