Recipe by BryanNH
This is a great Caesar salad dressing recipe I came up with on my own. The base of it is similar to a recipe I used at an Italian restaurant I worked at, but I tweaked it a bit to add an Asian flair--excellent with Shrimp or especially grilled salmon!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup vegetable oil (you can substitute a blend of vegetable oil and olive oil if desired)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar (or other types, White, Cider, Red Wine)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot sauce (Sriracha is preferred, you may use Tabasco if desired) (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared wasabi (you may use powdered, but you must prepare it first)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- It is suggested that you use a hand or regular blender or a food processor for this.
- You can whisk the ingredients together, but you MUST mix them VERY rapidly.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl (except for the oils and cheese), thoroughly mix together.
- If using anchovies, you MUST use a blender or food processor to completely mince them and make them into a paste-like consistency.
- After combining the ingredients, SLOWLY begin to drizzle the oil (vegetable oil and, if used, sesame oil) into the mixture while the mixing device is turned on, or, if whisking, you are rapidly mixing all ingredients.
- Keep SLOWLY drizzling the oil into the mixture until all the oil is used.
- The resulting combination should be thick like mayonnaise.
- Now combine the cheese into the mixture for the finished result.
- I like the taste of it using the amounts of the spices as listed in the ingredients list, but any of those items, except for the oil and egg, can be adjusted to taste, or omitted.