Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Most Wasabi is powdered horseradish, how ever it varies greatly from brand to brand - so you will need to adjust the Wasabi according to your brand and your preference. Cooking time is chilling time. Herb butters are a nifty way to spice up any meal. I like herbed butters as a quick easy way to flavor frozen or canned veggies. Just add a dab of herbed butter and heat up the veggies. You can substitute margarine for the butter. If you choose to use dried herbs instead of fresh use 1 1/2 times the amount called for.
- 8 ounces sweet unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup wasabi powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- Let butter soften to room temperature.
- Beat in other ingredients.
- Pack butter into molds or crocks or form balls with a melon baller.
- Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Can be stored for upto 1 month in the refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer.
This is an awesome recipe. Try this on top of your ribeye and let it melt. The wasabi flavor is absolutely delicious!
Thanks for a great addition to my recipe collection. I served this on a baked potatoe and sprinkled with extra chives, fresh of course :) Next time I'll try it on steamed vegies. It was just awesome, thanks Nyteglori!!