Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this one in the "Taste of Home Cookbook, The New Edition" and I am posting for safekeeping. It was created by the TOH Test Kitchen and it says: "Beef fajitas take on an Asian flavor by using Japanese horseradish, also known as wasabi. You can find it in the Asian food section of your local supermarket."
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 44.37 ml reduced sodium soy sauce
- 9.85 ml prepared wasabi
- 9.85 ml fresh gingerroot, minced
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 12 green onions with tops, cut in half lengthwise
- 29.58 ml sesame oil, divided
- 453.59 g beef, cut into strips
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inch)
- 236.59 ml coleslaw mix
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, wasabi, ginger and garlic until blended; set aside.
- In a large skillet, stir-fry red pepper and onions in 1 tbsp oil for 3 minutes or until tender; remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry beef in remaining oil for 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir the soy sauce mixture; stir into skillet.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return red pepper mixture to the pan; heat through.
- Spoon 1/2 cup beef mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with 2 tbsp coleslaw mix.
- Fold one side of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- Serve immediately.