Recipe by lynnski / LA
This recipe is adapted from one published in the Los Angeles Times about 20 years ago; they were featuring Polish food in that issue. This salad is perfect with cold Polish sausage or ham and some East European type bread. It makes a good lunch or a light supper. Note: most of the prep time is standing time, this is an easy recipe.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄16 teaspoon sugar
- 6 ounces French style green beans, cooked and drained
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 ounces pickled cucumbers, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lemon juice, mustard and sugar; and pour mixture over the green beans.
- Toss and let stand for one hour.
- Mix apple, cucumber and onion with the green beans.
- Stir in the sour cream and eggs before serving.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with cold meats and bread.