Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Full of protein and complex carbs and low in fat, just the thing for a warrior going into battle, or an average American returning from cooporate combat and looking for something quick and easy for dinner. Got this fromt the Chew cookbook, by Daphne Oz. Right up my alley!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple syrup (or agave syrup or honey)
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (cooked to pkg. directions)
- 3⁄4 cup cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- For the dressing, combine oil, lemon juice, maple syrup and mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir well.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a bowl, and toss with the dressing.