Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My take on that perrenial dish.
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- 1⁄2 large onion
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 2 eggs (large)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper (to taste)
- 8 sweet peppers (assorted)
- 26 ounces pasta sauce (Classico Spicy Tomato and Basil)
- Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- Clean peppers.
- Slice off tops and discard stems. Chop up top.
- Mix All loose ingredients in large bowl. Include chopped pepper.
- Load up peppers with meat mixture.
- Place in Dutch Oven. Cover with Sauce.
- Bake covered for one hour and 15 minutes.
These were good. When I make stuffed peppers I prefer to cook my ground meat first and then add rice and other ingredients for a looser filling. I found this mixture to be more like a meatloaf. The taste was good, but I think I would have liked a spicier sauce on top (and more sauce) Still, a recipe we enjoyed.