Recipe by Chef warren
My meatloaf I have created over the years. You can edit this recipe anyway you like--I change it every time I make it.
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
Extremely flavorful. This would make great meat loaf sandwiches. We made the topping recipe and it really puts this meatloaf over the top for great taste. Made for PAC Spring 2014.
- 2 lbs lean beef
- 1 lb turkey sausage
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs (more if needed)
- 1 1⁄2 large red onions or 1 1⁄2 large vidalia onions
- 1⁄2 bell pepper (red, green or yellow)
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mustard (any kind you like)
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper (prefer pepper mill)
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 table spoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (basil, oregano, parsley)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (puree)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan-romano cheese mix
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor, puree eggs, garlic, 1 onion, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl using gloves, mix beef, sausage, ketchup, mustard, horseradish, chopped bell pepper, rest of onion, and cheese blend and soy/Worcestershire sauces.
- Mix in pureed mixture to meat mixture using hands (gloves).
- Mix in bread crumbs.
- Press into an 8x8-in pan(or larger if you like a thinner loaf).
- pour red wine over top of loaf, let sit for a while (u can even go over night).
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Spread "My Mom's Piquant Sauce, Recipe #200548" on top of loaf; bake for 15 minutes longer until no pink in the middle. Should be cooked to a minimum of 160°F.