Recipe by ThatBobbieGirl
Warp-Speed because you make it in the microwave - no all-day cooking for this spicy-sweet spread! My kids like to put it on their toast, and pretend they're having pumpkin pie for breakfast! It does taste like pumpkin pie filling, and makes a wonderful hostess gift. Make sure your recipient puts this right into the refrigerator! NOTE: Don't try to "home can" this. It's hard to get the dense-textured pumpkin hot enough in the center to assure it has processed properly, and from what I've seen, the USDA recommends against it. Just make a small batch up when you want to give someone a treat! Microwave times are approximate, as ovens vary.
Top Review by chungry1
wow! just made this - only a third. i used 1/2 cup of pumpkin, 3 tablespoons of splenda, 2 tbs water, and 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice. then i microwaved all of that for 2 minutes and its perfect! thanks!!!
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling mix)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine everything except the canned pumpkin in a microwaveable one quart bowl.
- Mix well.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes, then stir.
- Mix in the pumpkin well, and microwave on high 5 minutes longer.
- It should be bubbly.
- Put into clean, sterilized jars for gift-giving, or into other clean, airtight containers for home use.
- Let cool slightly, then refrigerate.
- This will keep several weeks in refrigerator or can be frozen for longer storage.
- This cannot be kept in your pantry- must be refrigerated or frozen.