1/6 Photos of Warp-Speed Pumpkin Butter
Warp-Speed because you make it in the microwave - no all-day cooking for this spicy-sweet spread! My kids like to put it on their toast, and pretend they're having pumpkin pie for breakfast! It does taste like pumpkin pie filling, and makes a wonderful hostess gift. Make sure your recipient puts this right into the refrigerator! NOTE: Don't try to "home can" this. It's hard to get the dense-textured pumpkin hot enough in the center to assure it has processed properly, and from what I've seen, the USDA recommends against it. Just make a small batch up when you want to give someone a treat! Microwave times are approximate, as ovens vary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine everything except the canned pumpkin in a microwaveable one quart bowl.
- 2Mix well.
- 3Microwave on high for 3 minutes, then stir.
- 4Mix in the pumpkin well, and microwave on high 5 minutes longer.
- 5It should be bubbly.
- 6Put into clean, sterilized jars for gift-giving, or into other clean, airtight containers for home use.
- 7Let cool slightly, then refrigerate.
- 8This will keep several weeks in refrigerator or can be frozen for longer storage.
- 9This cannot be kept in your pantry- must be refrigerated or frozen.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warp-Speed Pumpkin Butter
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 27.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 56.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 0.2 g