Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
We are all exposed to winter sneezes and snuffles(sniffles). This wonderful tea will help you stay healthy! Adapted from The Great American Detox Cookbook, by Alex Jamieson. She made up this recipe to help her husband detox when he ate a fast food diet for a month and filmed it. It will help digest meals more fully and to boost immune systems. It has anti-depression ingredients, antiviral and antibacterial ingredients, relaxing ingredients and it tastes so yummy! The ginger is warming and an immune enhancer. The licorice root is antiviral, antibacterial, and fights depression. The cinnamon has digestive support, and is useful for diabetes. The parsley is a digestive aid. The lemon balm is relaxing and aromatic and the clove is warming and a digestive aid. Enjoy!
- 4 cups water
- 3 slices fresh ginger, cut 1/4-inch thick
- 1 inch piece licorice root
- 1 1⁄2 inches piece cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley (or 2-3 tablespoon fresh)
- 1 teaspoon dried lemon balm
- 1 clove
- Place the pieces of ginger and the licorice root in a saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add all remaining ingredients.
- Steep 5 to 15 minutes.
- Strain, pour into a cup and drink twice a day.
I came down with a cold over a week ago, so I wish I'd made this tea back then. As it is, I finally got all the ingredients to brew this up over the weekend, and goldarn if it isn't soothing indeed. I also like the flavor very much.
Right on, Sharon! A really great tea! I've never used licorice root or lemon balm before but had no trouble finding those ingredients, so this tea went together very easily for me! Well worth making again & again!! Many thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Newest Zaar Tag, 08A]