1/7 Photos of Warming Italian Sausage and Tortellini Soup
This is a wonderfully filling soup that is a complete meal in one dish. If you use full fat italian sausage, you will need to drain the fat before adding the liquid ingredients or skim the fat from the soup as it simmers. This recipe is very suitable for Weight Watchers if you use very lean sausage and go easy on the tortellini.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 3 cups stock (I use beef)
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 2 zucchini, finely diced
- 10 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 cups canned chopped tomatoes
- 10 ounces fresh tortellini (I prefer four cheese for this dish)
- freshly shaved parmesan cheese (optional topping)
- 1In a large saucepan, cook the sausage for 5 minutes over a medium heat, mashing it up with a spatula (if using very lean sausage you may need to add a little cooking spray).
- 2Add the onion and garlic and continue to cook for a further 3 minutes.
- 3Add the red wine and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- 4Add the beef stock, carrots, zucchini, basil and chopped tomatoes. Reduce the heat and simmer, loosely covered, for 30 minutes.
- 5Add the tortellini and cook for a further 2-5 minutes, until the tortellini is cooked but not overdone.
- 6Remove from the heat and serve, topped with freshly shaved parmesan cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warming Italian Sausage and Tortellini Soup
Serving Size: 1 (488 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 708.4
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 1843.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 34.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: