More of a quick stew than a light soup, this is a firm favourite of mine for those cold nights where you need something to warm the soul. It'll keep for a good few days as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 100 g cooking chorizo sausage, casing removed, sliced into thin pieces
- 700 g firm waxy potatoes, peeled and diced into 2 cm cubes (such as Maris Piper)
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 500 g white cabbage, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 1Place the sliced chorizo evenly into a large pan and bring it up to moderate to high heat. You shouldn't need any oil for this dish as the chorizo will provide plenty of it. Cook the chorizo until the oil has been released and the pieces have started to crisp up, which should take around 5 to 6 minutes.
- 2Set aside the chorizo on a side dish, retaining the oil in the pan.
- 3Add the garlic, onions and chilli flakes and continue to cook until the onion is translucent, another 5 minutes or so (omit the chilli flakes if you prefer it less spicy).
- 4Add the potatoes and the cooked chorizo and cook for a further 1 minute.
- 5Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- 6Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes.
- 7Add and stir in the cabbage.
- 8Cover and simmer for a further 10 to 12 minutes until the potatoes are falling apart.
- 9Season with salt and pepper and serve in a deep bowl.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warming Chorizo, Potato and Cabbage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (486 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 598.1
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 44.0 mg
- Sodium 698.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.5 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 23.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: