Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A smooth and creamy soup with just a little "bite" for those colder days. Cooked in a microwave with not too much labour input beyond preparation of the veg. The basic recipe was a favourite from our old Sanyo microwave cookbook from more than twenty years ago. Note: For more or less "bite", add or take away one tablespoon of the Love Apple Sauce as you desire. If Love Apple sauce is not available a substitute can be made by combining 1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup with 1 tsp Jerk Sauce.
- 350 g celery ribs, trimmed, washed and cut to 12mm diced lengths
- 150 g carrots, washed and grated
- 12 g unsalted butter
- 450 ml chicken stock (cubes will do)
- 2 tablespoons levi roots love applesauce
- 300 ml whole milk
- salt & pepper (to season)
- 25 ml double cream (Swirl to decorate)
- 1 pinch dried parsley
- Place butter, diced celery and grated carrot in 2 litre microwaveable bowl and heat on high for 5 minutes.
- Add stock, stir and return to microwave for further 12 minutes on high.
- Remove from microwave and liquidise in batches until smooth, adding to large saucepan. For really smooth soup, pass through a sieve to remove the fine celery strands which occasionally remain (only if you are an absolute fanatic and a glutton for work).
- Add milk, seasoning and Love Apple Sauce (adjusting to taste).
- Heat to fast simmer then plate up, decorate with a small swirl of cream and a pinch of dried parsley.
What a quick recipe this is and all done in the microwave, I made it to the recipe and added the applesauce, but it was my own home made. I did add a bit of salt and pepper, other than that I stuck to the recipe. Very nice and kind of sweet, but we like soup and this is one that will be made again as it's so easy. Thank's for posting. MADE FOR PAC SPRING 2010.