1/1 Photo of Warming Celery & Carrot Soup
Schemin Demon's Note:
A smooth and creamy soup with just a little "bite" for those colder days. Cooked in a microwave with not too much labour input beyond preparation of the veg. The basic recipe was a favourite from our old Sanyo microwave cookbook from more than twenty years ago. Note: For more or less "bite", add or take away one tablespoon of the Love Apple Sauce as you desire. If Love Apple sauce is not available a substitute can be made by combining 1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup with 1 tsp Jerk Sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 350 g celery ribs, trimmed, washed and cut to 12mm diced lengths
- 150 g carrots, washed and grated
- 12 g unsalted butter
- 450 ml chicken stock (cubes will do)
- 2 tablespoons levi roots love applesauce
- 300 ml whole milk
- salt & pepper (to season)
- 25 ml double cream (Swirl to decorate)
- 1 pinch dried parsley
- 1Place butter, diced celery and grated carrot in 2 litre microwaveable bowl and heat on high for 5 minutes.
- 2Add stock, stir and return to microwave for further 12 minutes on high.
- 3Remove from microwave and liquidise in batches until smooth, adding to large saucepan. For really smooth soup, pass through a sieve to remove the fine celery strands which occasionally remain (only if you are an absolute fanatic and a glutton for work).
- 4Add milk, seasoning and Love Apple Sauce (adjusting to taste).
- 5Heat to fast simmer then plate up, decorate with a small swirl of cream and a pinch of dried parsley.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warming Celery & Carrot Soup
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.8
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.2 mg
- Sodium 200.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g