Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 potatoes, Med,Boiled In Skins
- 3 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄8 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar
- Peel potatoes and slice paper thin.
- Saute bacon slowly in a frypan, then drain on paper towels.
- Saute onion in bacon fat until golden brown.
- Blend in flour, sugar, salt, celery seeds, and pepper.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in water and vinegar.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Carefully stir in the potatoes and crumbled bacon bits.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand until ready to serve.
This turned out good. I only changed the way I did the potatoes(red), I used the mandoline slicer on thick slices and then I boiled for 5-8 minutes, breaking but not mashing. I did double the recipe and think it could have used a hair more vinegar. Thanks for sharing. I will keep this one in the recipe book.
I think I made the same mistake as Anniesmom and doubled the potatoes and forgot to double the rest. But they still were so good. Creamy, warm and a great blend flavors that truly complimented each other. We really wanted something differant from the usual mayonaise potatoe salad and this sure was it. Thanks truebrit for posting.
Loved this taste! I doubled the potatoes, but, forgot to double the rest of the ingredients and it still turned out great! My hard to please 10 year old even asked for seconds! Can't wait to make it again, and the next time, I'll do it the right way!