Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
This fantastic tarragon sauce is an absolute must drizzled on grilled salmon or steak but also great with veggies, chicken or pork. Fresh tarragon may be used in place of dried (any amount desired). This is similar to the tarragon sauce served in fancy restaurants, you will never eat fish without this sauce again once you have tryed it! Recipe may be doubled.
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- black pepper
- In a saucepan combine all ingredients except pepper.
- Heat/whisk over low heat until heated through.
- Spoon warmed, over fish or steak.
- Sprinkle with pepper and additional tarragon.
based on a previous review i only used 2 tbsp dijon mustard, butter, and i used fresh tarragon from my garden. this was great over chicken and also pork tenderloin.
Aside from scaling in half, I followed the recipe, opting for the olive oil ...... used for dipping Fish Nuggets (#138331) by Thorsten. It was good but the flavour of the mustard dominated - next time, I'll reduce it. Thanx Carol!