Recipe by Crabbycakes
This is a nice and light change from the usual mayonnaise based salad.
Top Review by SarasotaCook
Very nice and simple. Good flavor. Fresh herbs are the key by FAR. I did use some scallions for a little mild green onion flavor. Nothing more needed.
Just simple and good!
Easy and great, hot, warm, room temp or cold. Doesn't matter.
- 2 lbs potatoes (your choice,peeled or not)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh herbs (like tarragon,basil, and oregano) or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried herbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes until tender.
- While potatoes are cooking, combine olive oil,rice wine vinegar, wine if using,mustard, salt and pepper in large mixing bowl; whisk well.
- When potatoes are tender peel or not.
- Dice potatoes.
- Add to dressing.
- Add the onions, parsley and herbs, and toss all gently to combine.
- Serve warm; leftovers can be served cold, or reheated gently in microwave.