This is a quick & easy sandwich filling. Hope you enjoy it!
Make and share this Warmed Chicken Sandwiches - Crock Pot or Oven! recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups cooked chicken or 3 cups smoked chicken or 3 cups cooked turkey or 3 cups smoked turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups cracker crumbs (we prefer Club crackers)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix all ingredients& place in baking dish.
- Bake @ 350° until browned, approximately 1 hour, OR place in slow cooker on low for several hours.
- Serve on rolls.
This was really good and easy. Even my super picky 6 year old son ate it. I did this in the crock pot and then transferred to a casserole and finished in the oven because mine came out a pit soupy. I did double the recipe so that could have had something to do with it. I know have a new way to use leftover chicken.
I am looking for a recipe for chicken sandwiches like the ones I got at the Dairy Queen in Attica, OH when I was growing up. This recipe was a very good start. I used club crackers and cream of chicken soup.
I made this with left over roasted chicken and used the cream of chicken soup. For the crackers, I used Ritz, as that is what I had on hand. This recipe of the many shredded chicken sandwiches I had in the past. I put it in the crock pot in the morning and we eat these for lunch. Thanks WJKing for a wonderful recipe. Made for the Crock Pot Event in the Photo Forum.