Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
Can't you just picture a crisp fall afternoon at the farm; picking pumpkins and apples, hay rides, and of course, doughnuts?! Haven't tried this one yet, but plan on it soon.
Top Review by CaramelPie
I served this at my husband's office party tonight. I received many compliments on it. I usually use one of those mulling spices packages, but didn't have time to go to another store, so I tried this. My daughters like this better than the mulling spices. Thanks.
- 8 cups apple cider
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 6 inches cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine the cider and brown sugar.
- Make a spice bag: Place the cinnamon, allspice, and cloves on a 6" square piece of double-thick 100% cotton cheesecloth.
- Bring the corners together and tie the top with a clean string; add the bag to the cider mixture.
- Bring to a boiling over medium heat; reduce to low.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes; remove and discard the spice bag.
- Serve warm, using fresh cinnamon sticks as stirrers, if desired.