Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Original recipe from "Mix "N Match Meals in Minutes for People with Diabetes" -- I tweeked it a bit. Posted for ZWT6.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloved garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup canned chick-peas, drained and rinsed (garbanzo beans)
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 lb zucchini (about 3 cups)
- 3 romaine lettuce leaves, washed and patted dry
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced fine (optional)
- Mix lemon juice and crushed garlic together. Add oil and whisk thoroughly.
- Add chickpeas, salt, and pepper.
- Slice zucchini into 1/2-inch rounds.
- Blanch zucchini by bringing a pot half filled with water to a boil and add zucchini. Let water come back to a boil and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drain and toss in dressing.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves. Top with feta cheese and parsley,if desired.
We thought this was good, but not great. Only made one change - since using our garden zucchini that are a bit strangely shaped, I seeded and diced the zucchini instead of discs. I did add the parsley and feta. Next time, I think more garlic and a little extra spice for us. Thanks! Made for ZWT 8