Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Something you'd expect to see on a restaurant menu, and perfectly creatable from the depths of your own kitchen! Don't be tempted to eat too much of it -- it's pretty delicious.
- 1 cup cooked ziti pasta
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- For Vinaigrette----------.
- In a small bowl combine basil, balamic vinegar, oil, brown sugar, 1/2 t.
- Set aside.
- For the Salad------------.
- Spray a medium skillet with non-stick cooking spray and cook the vegetables for about 10 minutes, stirring throughout.
- In a large bowl, combine the ziti, the vegetable mixture and the vinaigrette.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Yummm! This recipe was easy and quick to make. Try it you'll love it. Btw, it tasted just as good cold for lunch the next day.
This is very good. I didn't have fresh basil so I used dry and it was still very good.
Great! I did use fresh basil and doubled(ish) the recipe. I used red pepper bc yellow peppers are inhibitingly expensive around here and bow-ties rather than ziti. Great fresh flavor and very modern tasting- you're right, very much like something you'd expect to pay lots of $ for in a trendy restaurant. I think that it would benefit, however, from the addition of some smoked mozzarella.