Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from the Kraft Food and Family Magazine. Incredible warm lemon pudding cake. Can be eaten warm or cold.
- 1 (9 ounce) packagejiffy yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant lemon pudding
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package with one egg and 1/2 cup water. Pour batter into greased 8 inch pan.
- Pour milk and water into bowl and add dry pudding mix and sugar. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Pour over cake batter in dish (do not stir) and place on baking sheet to catch drippings.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean .
- Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
This is the ultimate lemon pudding dessert. Nothing beats this. I've been making this for a few years now, from the Kraft site. Always cutting it in half because there are only two of us. Now that I've found it here on Zaar, it's even easier. Thanks KelBel.
It's very good but it's a bit too sweet even if I put only 3 tablespoon of sugar. I would omit the sugar since the cake is already sweet and the lemon pudding also. Thanks KelBel :) Made for Zaar Star Game.
This was warm, wonderful, and gooey right out of the oven!