Prep 15 hrs
Cook 1 hr
This is from the Winter 2006 Kraft Food and Family Magazine. Serve warm for a saucey and gooey filling, but if the cake gets cold the filling will become thick and custard-like.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix (2 layer size)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxesjello lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling (4 serving size)
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Pour milk and water into a large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes and granulated sugar.
- Beat with a wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Pour over cake batter in dish.
- Place baking dish on baking sheet to catch drippings as mixture does bubble.
- Bake 55 minutes to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 20 minutes. (Mixture will thicken slightly as it cools).
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Spoon into serving dishes. Serve warm. Garnish with raspberries if desired.
Now, this was delicious. I did take advise from another review and added some lemon extract. It was the best......I will be trying other flavors as well. Maybe one with Cheesecake jello and peaches....
It was just so so for us....enjoyable, but probably won't make again. Thanks.
This cake is delicious. I put the dish on a cookie sheet but it still made a mess of my oven. I would recommend that you put tin foil underneath to contain the mess.