Recipe by SweetSueAl
This is from the Winter 2006 Kraft Food and Family Magazine. Serve warm for a saucey and gooey filling, but if the cake gets cold the filling will become thick and custard-like.
Top Review by cooking-BAG
Now, this was delicious. I did take advise from another review and added some lemon extract. It was the best......I will be trying other flavors as well. Maybe one with Cheesecake jello and peaches....
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix (2 layer size)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxesjello lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling (4 serving size)
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Pour milk and water into a large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes and granulated sugar.
- Beat with a wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Pour over cake batter in dish.
- Place baking dish on baking sheet to catch drippings as mixture does bubble.
- Bake 55 minutes to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 20 minutes. (Mixture will thicken slightly as it cools).
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Spoon into serving dishes. Serve warm. Garnish with raspberries if desired.