Recipe by Pets'R'us
My neighbour made this last year over the Christmas Season and it makes a nice change from the red mulled wine. I asked her for the recipe to share it with you and I hope you like it as much as we do! I have made it also using vanilla essence when I did not have the vanilla pods. I like to use Chardonnay for this recipe.
- 1⁄2 lime (peel only)
- 700 ml white fruity wine (that is 1 normal bottle)
- 2 vanilla pod
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 -4 tablespoons runny honey (I use flower-honey)
- 6 tablespoons white port
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the lime, thin and without the white skin.
- Pour the wine in a pan, add the lime peel, vanilla pods and bay leaves.
- Bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat, cover the pan and leave to warm through for 20 minutes.
- Try to just keep it hot and not let it boil.
- Add 3 tablespoons of honey and the port, taste to see or you want to add more honey.
- Remove the vanilla pods, lime peel and the bay leaves.
- Serve in a heat-proof glass.