My neighbour made this last year over the Christmas Season and it makes a nice change from the red mulled wine. I asked her for the recipe to share it with you and I hope you like it as much as we do! I have made it also using vanilla essence when I did not have the vanilla pods. I like to use Chardonnay for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the lime, thin and without the white skin.
- 2Pour the wine in a pan, add the lime peel, vanilla pods and bay leaves.
- 3Bring to the boil.
- 4Lower the heat, cover the pan and leave to warm through for 20 minutes.
- 5Try to just keep it hot and not let it boil.
- 6Add 3 tablespoons of honey and the port, taste to see or you want to add more honey.
- 7Remove the vanilla pods, lime peel and the bay leaves.
- 8Serve in a heat-proof glass.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm White Wine With Lime, Vanilla and Port
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: