Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes a tasty side dish. The recipe is from Weight Watchers. It is 2 points per serving.
- 19.71 ml olive oil
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, minced
- 59.14 ml green bell pepper, diced
- 59.14 ml red pepper, diced
- 29.58 ml fresh sage, minced (or 1 t dried minced sage)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 453.59 g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat the oil in medium nonstick skillet.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, sage, garlic, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat and stir in the beans.
This was even better than I expected- a truly delicious dish! I used regular tomatoes and, being out of green pepper, celery- and extra garlic!! The flavor is really nice, and though it didn't thicken up a whole lot, I wholeheartedly recommend having a slice of toast to sop up the juices. Yum! Thank you!