Recipe by Manami
Real Comfort Food Dip! Transfer dip once it has been cooked to a 1-2 qt slow cooker set on WARM so guests can enjoy this creamy dip throughout your party. To make it spicier, serve your favorite brand of hot sauce on the side. Southern Living Magazine, 10/2007.
Top Review by Sand Holler Farm
Great recipe for winter parties! I used 8 oz of fresh turnip greens and just paused during step 4 to make sure they cooked down. My pepper flakes are extra spicy (from my garden) so I only used half the amount...and it was still really hot!
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 16 ounces frozen chopped turnip greens, thawed
- 12 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoons drippings in Dutch oven.
- Sauté onion and garlic in hot drippings 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add wine, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of Dutch oven.
- Stir in turnip greens, next 4 ingredients, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Cook, stirring often, 6 to 8 minutes or until cream cheese is melted and mixture is thoroughly heated.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 1 1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Broil 6 inches from heat 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle evenly with bacon.