Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Warmed rolls filled with tuna, celery, green onion, pickle, and topped with melted cheese.
- 4 sesame-seed kaiser rolls, split
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans solid white tuna packed in water, drained
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion, including some tender green tops
- 1 sweet pickle, chopped
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, thinly sliced to fit the rolls
- Preheat oven to 350°; remove some of the soft bread in the center of top and bottom of rolls.
- In a bowl, mix together the tuna, celery, green onion, pickle, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, dill, and fresh lemon juice; taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Divide tuna filling among bottoms of rolls; add cheese on top of filling and top with roll tops.
- Wrap in foil and bake about 15 minutes or until heated through.
I made this for lunch for some girlfriends and it was a hit! Excellent flavor, loved the dill in it.