1/3 Photos of Warm Tuna and Bean Salad
I got this recipe when I was at a crafts fair in Scotland. There was a cooking demonstration in the old fish market hall by the harbour, you could taste the food and get the recipe. I love having tuna salad during the summer months, when it's to warm to cook and all you want is a light meal. If you don't want to make your own dressing it's also nice with French Dressing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb tuna steak, skinned and cubed,can be fresh or defrosted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can red kidney beans, washed and drained
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1Heat oil in a pan.
- 2Add garlic, onion and tuna, cover and cook for 5-7 minutes on a low to medium heat.
- 3Spoon mix into a large dish and add the beans, cucumber and tomatoes.
- 4For the dressing, put all dressing ingredients in a dressing shaker (you can use a jar with a screw top lid) and shake until everything is mixed well.
- 5Pour the dressing over the tuna salad.
- 6Arrange the tuna salad on a bed of green salad leaves of your choice to serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Tuna and Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.5
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 43.0 mg
- Sodium 52.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 36.2 g