Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
Yummy yummy! This is a party favorite!(Originally from Gourmet Magazine)
- 1⁄2 cup bottled roasted red pepper, drained, and finely chopped
- 2 fresh serrano chilies, minced (including seeds)
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled Cotija cheese (2 1/2 oz) or 1⁄2 cup feta (2 1/2 oz)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, toasted and finely ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Stir together all ingredients (except chips) and chill, covered, at least 2 hours for flavors to develop. Bring to room temperature before serving. (Dip can be chilled for up to 1 day).
- Spread tortilla chips in a large shallow baking pan and bake in middle of oven until warm, about 5 minutes.
- Serve chips with dip.