Recipe by GaylaJ
Delicious and simple--you can have this on the table in mere minutes. Use bottled vinaigrette or make your own. I used a double recipe of Bergy's Lemon Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette (Lemon Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette)--it was fantastic and complimented the dish perfectly. I served topped with freshly ground black pepper and freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Top Review by chick256
I cut this recipe in half and used my own peppers that I roasted. Instead of the vinaigrette I used a honey dijon fat free dressing and the havarti was exchanged for a low fat cheddar. It was easy and delicious. It's very good cold the next day too.
- 2 (9 ounce) packagesfresh cheese tortellini
- 0.5 (7 1/4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets (1 bunch)
- 1⁄2 cup dijon vinaigrette
- 1⁄2 lb havarti cheese, cut in 1/4-inch cubes (I think provolone would also be good here)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook tortellini in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions; add the broccoli for the last 5 minutes of cooking (you will probably be adding it the same time you add the pasta).
- Combine cheese, peppers and dressing in a large bowl.
- Drain pasta and broccoli; add to the other ingredients in the bowl and toss.