Recipe by Troop Angel
I got this from the coupon inserts in our Sunday paper, and it turned out to be a great snack to eat while watching football, NASCAR, etc. Easy to make, fairly inexpensive and something a little different.
Top Review by podapo
Another winner here TA. I love these simple to put together kind of snack. Heck this could nearly be a meal. I was thinking I'd use it in a taco salad next!! Congrats on your football pool win.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite cut diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 ounce package taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- green onion, for garnish (optional)
- sour cream, for garnish (optional)
- avocado, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in skillet, drain.
- Reserve 2 tbsp tomatoes as garnish.
- Add remaining tomatoes and taco seasoning to skillet.
- Spoon into 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 375* 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with reserved tomatoes and sliced green onions, avocado and sour cream, if desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips.