1/1 Photo of Warm Tofu With Spicy Garlic Sauce
This is gently simmered tofu topped with a stir together sauce, commonly called banchan. It would make a great vegetarian course served with rice.You will want to eat the sauce on everything! Adapted from Gourmet magazine(March 2009).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Carefully rinse the tofu, then cover with cold water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then keep warm, covered, over very low heat.
- 2Meanwhile, mince and mash garlic to a paste with a pinch of salt. Stir together with remaining ingredients (except tofu).
- 3Just before serving, carefully lift tofu from saucepan with a large spatula and drain on paper towels. Gently pat dry, then move to a small plate. Spoon some sauce over tofu and serve warm. Serve remaining sauce on the side.
- 5Sauce can be made 1 day ahead and chilled. Bring to room temperature before using.
- 6Tofu can be kept warm up to 4 hours.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Tofu With Spicy Garlic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.8
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 381.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 4.2 g