Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Mmm! Irresistible warm, gooey marshmallows, milk chocolate and graham crackers are baked into a delicious bar cookie.
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) packagebetty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, melted
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips (18 oz)
- 4 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Heat oven to 375°F
- In large bowl, stir together cookie mix and crumbs.
- Stir in melted butter until soft dough forms.
- Press into ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until set.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over crust.
- Let stand 3 to 5 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt.
- Spread chocolate evenly over crust.
- Set oven control to broil.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over melted chocolate.
- Broil with top 4 to 5 inches from heat 20 to 30 seconds or until marshmallows are toasted (Watch closely; marshmallows will brown quickly).
- Cool 10 minutes.
- For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
- Serve warm.
- Store any remaining bars tightly covered.
These were so good!! Though (and I can't believe I am saying this...) there might have been a little too much chocolate! Will make again though!
Since my DH and kid's love S'mores, I had to recipenap this one. Another Great recipe Sarah. I love the fact that this recipe goes together quickly...great one to make with the little ones in the kitchen! My 7 year old DD was able to do 99% of the cooking by herself!!! It is also a definite sweet-tooth fix. This is a great desert to fix if you ever have an indoor camp with the kids. Made as a recipenap for the 25th AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
These certainly are a ooey gooey cookie bar. Full of richness that requires you cut them as you have stated in your directions. Also, another must (which I learned by trial and error) is that the cookie crust be pressed down firmly into the baking pan. Otherwise you'll have nothing but crumbs for your crust. Still good but rather messy when cutting. Make sure you have a sharp knife or cutting utensil when cutting these bars as the marshmellows tend to make cutting difficult. A great bar that is sure to be a hit with younger kids (or older) that enjoy smores!!!. Made for AU Recipeswap~