Recipe by VickyJ
This is a great favorite of mine. I love spicy food, and that is where the jalapeno comes in.
Top Review by loof
Very tasty and quick salad! I had a leftover grilled chicken breast so used that and this came together in a flash. Just enough kick, great with the lime. I left out the onions and used a red bell pepper. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for the Best of 2012 event, recommended by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and finely chopped (wear gloves)
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast half, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 sweet bell pepper, chunked
- 1 medium cucumber, cut length-wise in half then crosswise into 1/4 inch slices (2 cups)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- lettuce, of choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet or wok over med-high heat.
- Cook garlic and chile in oil around 30 secs, stirring frequently.
- Stir in chicken.
- Cook stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Add bell pepper, cucumber and onions; toss with chicken mixture.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except salad greens.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; boil and stir 30 secs.
- Remove from heat.
- Divide lettuce among 4 dinner plates.
- Spoon chicken mixture over lettuce, using slotted spoon.
- Drizzle liquid from skillet over chicken and lettuce.
- Garnish with dry-roasted peanuts and lime slices if desired.