1/1 Photo of Warm Sweet Potato Salad
This is a nice twist on the traditional creamy potato salad. I like this served warm or room temp, but by all means it can be served chilled. It has a nice sweet/tangy vinaigrette with fresh herbs and roasted vegetables. I think you will enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into bite size pieces
- 1 large red pepper, rough chopped in bite size pieces
- 1 large onion, rough chopped in bite size pieces
- 4 scallions, diced (white and green parts)
- 8 slices smoked bacon, I like the thick cut for this dish
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup pecans, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- olive oil, to roast the vegetables in
- salt and pepper
- 1After dicing the red pepper, onion and sweet potatoes; toss with a little olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Roast in a 400F oven on a cookie sheet, covered with parchment paper or foil for easy clean up. They will take about 20 minutes. While your vegetables cook, dice your bacon and saute on medium heat until nice and crisp. Remove and drain on a paper towel and reserve 1 tablespoon of the bacon dripping for the salad dressing.
- 2As the vegetables and bacon cook, lets make the dressing. In a small bowl combine all the ingredients and whisk in the oil to make a nice vinaigrette.
- 3Toss the roasted vegetables (except the potatoes), with the scallions, celery, bacon, pecans fresh herbs and vinaigrette and mix well. Now add the potatoes in and toss lightly.
- 4This is a great potato salad and great for BBQs.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Sweet Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.7
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 250.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar