Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
BHG Dinnertime Express
Make and share this Warm Sweet Potato, Apple, and Sausage Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb sweet potatoes (3 cups) or 1 lb yam, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (3 cups)
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb cooked turkey sausage, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium cooking apples, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 6 cups torn spinach
- In a large skilled cook sweet potatoes and onion in hot margarine over medium heat about 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sausage, apples, sweet and sour sauce, and caraway seed. Cook, covered, about 3 minutes or until apples are tenter and sausage is heated through, stirring occasionally. (Add water 1 tablespoon at a time if seems too thick.).
- Place spinach on large serving platter. Top with sweet potato mixture.