Recipe by jlw19803
Delicious summertime recipe that I acquired from MarthaStewart.com. Made this along with pureed summer squash for my baby.
- 3 -5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 medium zucchini, very thinly sliced (1 pound)
- 4 medium summer squash, very thinly sliced (1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano, plus sprigs for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large skillet with oil. Add a third of the garlic, and heat over medium-high heat until sizzling, 1 to 2 minutes. Add a third of the zucchini and yellow squashes, and cook until just wilted and browned around edges, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Repeat twice with remaining garlic, zucchini, and yellow squashes. Stir in vinegar to last batch, and let evaporate slightly. Return all batches of zucchini and yellow squashes to skillet, and stir in oregano. Serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish with oregano sprigs.