Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This salad, with tomatoes, spinach, basil and feta can be served as a main course with crusty bread or pasta, or as a starter heaped onto crostini. Recipe comes from The Complete Stir-Fry Cookbook by Bay Books.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, cut into small squares
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150 g baby english spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves
- 125 g feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat the wok until very hot, add the oil & swirl it around to coat the base & sides of the wok.
- Add the onion, capsicum & garlic then stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until beginning to soften.
- Add the tomatoes, spinach & basil and stir-fry until the leaves are just wilted.
- Transfer the salad to a serving plate and top with crumbled feta cheese & serve immediately.