Recipe by jovigirl
Nice Spring-Summertime dinner! Found in Family Circle Magazine. (as for the 1 star review, using spinach is definitely key to the recipe)
Top Review by Aspiring Chef Rita
OUTRAGEOUS!!!!! I made this two days ago and we are still talking about it. I had left over steak which I didn't want to throw out - I saw this recipe and tried it. I used argugala instead of spinach since that is all I had but you could use any type of greens in this. THIS IS A KEEPER! It was sooo easy. My guy suggested that I now always make extra steak so that I can make this salad. Thanks submitter.
- 1 lb small red potato
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 lb boneless sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch, mixed with
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cold water
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in medium-size saucepan and cover with cold water. Salt lightly. Bring to a boil and simmer 15-20 minutes until tender. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet until crisp. Remove to paper toweling. Add onion to drippings and cook 3 minutes. Add sliced steak and salt. Cook 2 more minutes until steak is no longer pink. Remove steak and onions to a plate and keep warm.
- Add honey and vinegar to skillet; cook over medium heat 2 minutes. Add cornstarch mixture; cook for 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Drain potatoes; run under cold water. Cut into quarters and place in bowl along with the crumbled bacon and steak-onion mixture. Add baby spinach, warm honey cider-vinegar dressing and tomatoes. Toss gently and serve.