Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
It's easy to eat well with a flavorful recipe your family will love.
Top Review by Derf
Very tasty, but we felt the spinach needed more of the reduced sauce, another time I would make more of it. The red wine produced a lovely rich sauce. thanks for posting, I will make it again.
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 1 lb sirloin steak (1 1/4-inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced (any variety)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces baby spinach leaves (12 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steak with 1 teaspoon of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper; place in skillet and cook 8 minutes, turning half-way through, for medium-rare. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add oil to skillet and cook mushrooms 3 minutes; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Raise heat to high; add broth, wine, and garlic and cook until reduced to 1/2 cup, 10 minutes. Stir in remaining salt and pepper.
- Remove 4 tablespoons of broth mixture and toss with spinach in a large bowl; divide spinach among four plates.
- Top with sliced steak and mushrooms; drizzle with remaining broth mixture.