Had a salad like this but with roasted garlic and frisee at the Frisky Oyster in Greenport, Long Island, NY. Tried to find the recipe on line and found this. Haven't tried it yet.
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pancetta, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs spinach, washed
- For the dressing, place vinegar, shallots, garlic and mustard in a medium size bowl and mix well.
- Slowly mix in the olive oil to blend.
- Season with cracked black pepper and set aside.
- Now for the salad, take the chopped pancetta and saute it until crisped and place on paper towels.
- On medium heat, place a large stainless bowl directly on the flame. Add.
- your dressing to the bowl then add the remaining salad ingredients and toss lightly.
- Divide onto 4 plates and serve.