Recipe by KWB
This is a quick and tangy (not sweet) wilted spinach salad from The Fish Market, Del Mar, CA.
- 1 bunch spinach, washed and stemmed (or one package pre-washed baby spinach)
- 1 purple onion, sliced into rings
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 16 kalamata olives, pitted if desired
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a non-stick skillet, add olive oil, onion, feta cheese and olives. Saute until onions soften and cheese begins to melt.
- Add vinegar and remove from heat. Immediately add spinach, turning the spinach with tongs so that it gets evenly coated with dressing in pan (when it begins to wilt it shrinks like crazy).
- Divide salad between four plates, doing your best to evenly distribute onions and olives.
- Grind black pepper over the top and serve immediately.