Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
this is such an easy low carb recipe. It comes from the 'Dr Atkins quick and easy new diet cookbook'. theres 18g per serving, but these come from the nuts, so exclude them if you're in the first few weeks.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices streaky bacon, cut into 1 cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb spinach leaves, trimmed,washed and spun dry
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in heavy frying pan over medium- high heat until hot, but not smoking.
- Add the bacon and saute, stirring occasionally for 4 mins or until browned.
- Reduce heat to a minimum, add pine nuts and cook for 1 min, stirring occasionally Add the garlic and cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach, vinegar and remaining tbsp of oil and cook, tossing gently for 15 seconds, or until the spinach is warm and a bit wilted.
- Transfer to serving plates, sprinkle with parmesan and serve immediately.
Fantastic salad, have used sliced almonds and pecans as well. My husband loves it as long as I use turkey bacon!
Thanks for a nice simple recipe Belle Vix. We ate it with Poppy's Mediterranean Steaks recipe #61520, for a yummy dinner. No changes to the recipe, though I noted the message about pine nuts and reduced them to 2 teaspo0ons just to give a bit of a "crunch' to the salad.