Recipe by Belle Vix
this is such an easy low carb recipe. It comes from the 'Dr Atkins quick and easy new diet cookbook'. theres 18g per serving, but these come from the nuts, so exclude them if you're in the first few weeks.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices streaky bacon, cut into 1 cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb spinach leaves, trimmed,washed and spun dry
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in heavy frying pan over medium- high heat until hot, but not smoking.
- Add the bacon and saute, stirring occasionally for 4 mins or until browned.
- Reduce heat to a minimum, add pine nuts and cook for 1 min, stirring occasionally Add the garlic and cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach, vinegar and remaining tbsp of oil and cook, tossing gently for 15 seconds, or until the spinach is warm and a bit wilted.
- Transfer to serving plates, sprinkle with parmesan and serve immediately.