Recipe by KelBel
Wilt the spinach by tossing the salad while the dressing is still hot. From Cooking Light, November 2006.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
This was a very nice spinach salad but the dressing was just a little tart for us. I was surprised that the spinach didn't wilt any more than it did. However, we did enjoy this and will make again with some alterations in the dressing. thanks KelBel
- 1 granny smith apple, sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (drained)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; toss well.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, juice, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, and stir in sour cream. Drizzle warm dressing over spinach mixture; toss well.
- Sprinkle with bacon; serve immediately.