Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of Emeril's recipes that's a bit special for company. I have also just made the spinach salad with the bacon & the pecans, and left out the goats cheese cakes, it's good that way too.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, small diced
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup roasted pecan
- 5 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- salt and black pepper
- 1 cup goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sauteed leek
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups fresh spinach, cleaned and stemmed
- In a sauté pan, cook the bacon until crispy, remove and keep aside.
- In the bacon fat, sauté the onions for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a mixing bowl, bacon fat and all.
- To the bowl add the crispy bacon, pecans, tablespoon of garlic and vinegar.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- In another bowl, combine the cheese, sour cream, teaspoon of garlic and leeks together, and season the mix with salt and pepper.
- Form the mixture into small cakes (about 1oz in size)& dredge them in the flour.
- Dip the cakes in the egg wash, removing any excess.
- Dredge in the bread crumbs, coating each side completely.
- In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil.
- Pan-fry each cake for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and heated all the way through.
- Remove and drain on a paper-lined plate.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the spinach with the dressing.
- Arrange the cakes around the greens.
- Serve warm with freshly ground black pepper.
this recipe was very good and i will make it again. I had some leftover sauted leeks i added. to the goat cheese patties which add a nice flavor The next time I will drain all the bacon fat. thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.