This is one of Emeril's recipes that's a bit special for company. I have also just made the spinach salad with the bacon & the pecans, and left out the goats cheese cakes, it's good that way too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb bacon, small diced
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup roasted pecan
- 5 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- salt and black pepper
- 1 cup goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 cup sauteed leek
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups fresh spinach, cleaned and stemmed
- 1In a sauté pan, cook the bacon until crispy, remove and keep aside.
- 2In the bacon fat, sauté the onions for 1 minute.
- 3Remove from the heat and pour into a mixing bowl, bacon fat and all.
- 4To the bowl add the crispy bacon, pecans, tablespoon of garlic and vinegar.
- 5Season with salt and black pepper.
- 6In another bowl, combine the cheese, sour cream, teaspoon of garlic and leeks together, and season the mix with salt and pepper.
- 7Form the mixture into small cakes (about 1oz in size)& dredge them in the flour.
- 8Dip the cakes in the egg wash, removing any excess.
- 9Dredge in the bread crumbs, coating each side completely.
- 10In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil.
- 11Pan-fry each cake for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and heated all the way through.
- 12Remove and drain on a paper-lined plate.
- 13Season with salt and pepper.
- 14Toss the spinach with the dressing.
- 15Arrange the cakes around the greens.
- 16Serve warm with freshly ground black pepper.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Spinach Salad W. Bacon Pecan Dressing & Goats Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.0
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 89.2 mg
- Sodium 657.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar