Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe is courtesy of Splenda. It is a wonderful low-fat, no sugar, delicate spinach salad. The recipe calls for Turkey Bacon and I used 2 slices of regular bacon as well as reducing the amount of Splenda from 3 tablespoons to 2. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 (7 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 cup fat free crouton
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons splenda sugar substitute
- 2 -3 slices turkey bacon
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and drain spinach greens well, lighly squeeze excess water from leaves with paper towels.
- Blend together vinegar, water, mustard and Splenda.
- Finely dice bacon and cook in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat until crisp, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic and continue to cook over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the vinegar mixture and simmer 1 minute.
- Pour dressing over spinach, toss well.
- Divide onto 4 chilled salad plates and sprinkle with croutons.
- Serve immediately.