This recipe is courtesy of Splenda. It is a wonderful low-fat, no sugar, delicate spinach salad. The recipe calls for Turkey Bacon and I used 2 slices of regular bacon as well as reducing the amount of Splenda from 3 tablespoons to 2. Hope you enjoy!
- Wash and drain spinach greens well, lighly squeeze excess water from leaves with paper towels.
- Blend together vinegar, water, mustard and Splenda.
- Finely dice bacon and cook in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat until crisp, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic and continue to cook over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the vinegar mixture and simmer 1 minute.
- Pour dressing over spinach, toss well.
- Divide onto 4 chilled salad plates and sprinkle with croutons.
- Serve immediately.