Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
A delicious salad! This recipe is from the revised Joy of Cooking. Prep time is time to prepare the bacon and eggs and assemble the other ingredients. All that can be done in advance.
- 1 bunch Baby Spinach, trimmed,washed,and dried (or save time and buy a bag)
- 4 slice bacon, cooked,crumbled
- 29.58 ml bacon drippings, reserved
- 2-3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled,sliced into rounds
- 59.14 ml cider vinegar
- 9.85 ml yellow mustard seeds (I recommend *not* omitting these)
- 9.85 ml minced fresh parsley or 9.85 ml other herbs, combination
- 4.92 ml grated onion
- 4.92 ml sugar
- Place the spinach in a salad bowl.
- In pan with 2 T reserved bacon drippings, combine vinegar, mustard seeds, herbs, onion, and sugar.
- Heat the dressing until just before it begins to boil and pour over the spinach greens.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- Garnish with sliced eggs.
- Serve immediately.