A delicious salad! This recipe is from the revised Joy of Cooking. Prep time is time to prepare the bacon and eggs and assemble the other ingredients. All that can be done in advance.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch Baby Spinach, trimmed,washed,and dried (or save time and buy a bag)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked,crumbled
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings, reserved
- 2 -3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled,sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds (I recommend *not* omitting these)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons other herbs, combination
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1Place the spinach in a salad bowl.
- 2In pan with 2 T reserved bacon drippings, combine vinegar, mustard seeds, herbs, onion, and sugar.
- 3Heat the dressing until just before it begins to boil and pour over the spinach greens.
- 4Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- 5Garnish with sliced eggs.
- 6Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Spinach Salad
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.4
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 127.5 mg
- Sodium 297.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 8.6 g